Special Use Permit Regulations

Council passed into law a requirement for special use permits in commercial 1 (C1) and commercial 2 (C2) zone districts. The new regulations require that when residential developments are constructed in the C1 and C2 zone district, building lot standards shall be required to follow the R3 zone district as opposed to the C1 or C2 zone district. The R3 building setbacks and building height restrictions are considered more appropriate for residential developments than those provided for commercial developments. Special considerations will be given to C2 properties located within the downtown district.

For more information regarding these developments, please reference the enacted ordinance provided at the link below, or contact the City of Golden planning department.

Municipal Code

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link

Consultation has concluded

<span class="translation_missing" title="translation missing: en-US.projects.blog_posts.show.load_comment_text">Load Comment Text</span>