The Guy Hill School House now calls the Golden History Park home, but it was built in Golden Gate Canyon around 1876.
According to local historian, Richard Gardner, the school house was moved to Golden on June 25, 1975. "The Marines provided the 2nd largest mobile crane in America to lift it, and it moved down the canyon in two parts, the main body of the building and the vestibule. In 1995, the building moved in the middle of the night to the [Golden History] park. Being moved four times in its history (it was moved twice in the mountains), it is Golden's most peripatetic building."