Transportation Master Plan - Community Workshop
The City of Golden Planning Division will soon host a community workshop to discuss details related to a City-wide Transportation Master Plan (TMP). The TMP will provide a long-term multimodal transportation vision for the City of Golden. The Plan, when adopted, will function as a reliable 5-7 year road map for future transportation investments throughout the City.
Participation and input from the residents of Golden is critical to the success of this project. Since September, Kimley-Horn, a reputable transportation-planning firm, has been collecting and researching existing transportation conditions within the City of Golden and is ready to present those findings to the public.
The event will be held on Thursday, December 6th from 6 – 8pm at the Golden Community Center. Food will be provided. The following topics will be discussed as part of Kimley-Horn’s mobility study:
· Safety for All Travelers – What is the City of Golden’s safety score for pedestrians, drivers, cyclists, and individuals using transit?
· Walking Assessment – Where do people walk the most and what are the existing barriers preventing residents from walking more?
· Bicycling Assessment – What are the preferred routes for bicyclists? How can the City better serve our cycling community with new options and improved routes?
· Transit Assessment – How are the travel conditions for individuals utilizing transit? How can the City better accommodate those individuals who prefer not to use a car?
· Driving Assessment - Where is the congestion? How can the City eliminate traffic jams and improve automotive flow throughout the City?
· Origin/Destination Assessment – Where are people traveling and how can the City offer better routes from their origin to their destination?
· Areas of Growth Assessment – How will the City improve transportation related issues in areas of new population and commercial growth?
· Accessibility of Employment Areas – How easy is it for residents to get to their jobs. How can these avenues be improved?
Finally, general information will be provided regarding the plan’s drafting, its estimated completion date, and other opportunities for input down the road. Please attend and help contribute to the planning process!
Consultation has concluded